Registered Nurse - Population Care/Care Coordination, Diabetes (0.8 - 1.0 FTE, Tacoma/Olympia)
Location: Tacoma, Washington;
Job ID : 170192
DescriptionSubmit now Click here for additional requirements
There is some schedule flexibility in these positions to work between 32-40hrs/wk.
We are actively seeking RN’s with a solid foundation in diabetes care to be a member of a team that will have accountability for a designated population defined in conjunction with the primary care team to assist in meeting care needs for this population. This RN position works collaboratively as a member of the health care team to deliver high quality health care to patients. The RN provides a variety of nursing services primarily by phone, secure messaging and office visits, utilizing the nursing process and leadership skills to address the member needs.
The RN functions in a self-directed role with a high degree of autonomy in an expanded clinical role. Initially, this role will be focused on patients with diabetes, although over time it may include other high risk populations.
Essential functions of this role will include:
- Provide nursing management of patients with diabetes to facilitate achievement of outcomes important to their condition including blood glucose control, cardiovascular risk reduction, depression assessment, and self- management of their condition.
- With the member/family and other clinical team members, develop and document a patient-centered care plan that addresses short term goals that are specific, attainable and measurable.
- Provide care coordination and facilitate services for members with identified needs, creatively using available and appropriate resources to support the unique needs of each member, primary care providers and diabetes team members to identify patients appropriate for intensification in medical management and treatment plans to achieve clinical goals.
- Establish strong relationships with clinicians and other health care team members. Communicate data on cases managed, monitor utilization and outcomes.
- Provides education to other staff and clinicians. Will act as a liaison between the patient and other members of the care delivery team.
- This work will be accomplished primarily by phone, electronic messaging and office visits.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in diabetes care, ability to demonstrate evidence based practice and an interest and experience in coaching and population management.
These RN’s will be located in primary care clinics and be part of a healthcare team, partnering with providers and nursing staff, including the team RN whose role does not change and also works with patients to facilitate management of their chronic condition.
Travel to multiple clinics in a specific geographic area may be required.
Minimum Education Requirements
Graduate of an accredited RN program.
Preferred Education: BSN
Minimum Experience Requirements
2 years previous RN experience in endocrinology/diabetes or primary care
Preferred Experience: Chronic disease management with a focus on diabetes, proficiency with documentation in electronic medical records, and competency in written and oral communication skills.
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
At time of hire Current Washington State RN license.
Preferred: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or Board Certified-Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Recent kaiser permanente jobs
- RN Clinical Operations Manager, Primary Care (Factoria) Bellevue, Washington Description This position is based at our Factoria Medical Center. The position requires a BSN prepared RN. The Clinical O 170815
- Masters Level Therapist - Behavioral Health Services (1.0 FTE, Everett) LICSW Seattle, Washington Description This position is responsible for providing emergency and routine mental health psychotherapy services to consumers seeking treatme 161839
- Medical Assistant - Otolaryngology/ENT (0.95 FTE, Bellevue) BONUS Bellevue, Washington Description We are looking for a Medical Assistant (0.95 FTE) to join Otolaryngology/ENT team. Preferably with at least one year ambulatory ca 162516