At Kaiser Permanente, we advocate health—for the mind, body and spirit. Actively engaging with our members, communities, and employees, we are here to cheer you on as you pursue your best level of wellness.
For our employees—who spend so much of their time supporting the well-being of others—we provide extensive tools and resources that center around healthy eating, active living, and leading a balanced life.
By encouraging and celebrating the small strides we take every day, we drive positive change from the inside out. And our good work is getting noticed! In June 2012, Kaiser Permanente was named a Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health.
Below are just a few of the offerings made available through our national Healthy Workforce program:
• Thrive Across America, a virtual tour of the U.S. that encourages employees to participate in activities that get their blood pumping
• KP Walk!, which invites employees to get out and walk toward better health
• The Take and Give campaign, motivating employees to participate in a total health assessment
• Healthy Meetings, encouraging stretch breaks and walking meetings to bring physical and spiritual well-being into the workplace
• Employee Assistance Program, offering employees and dependant family members free and confidential guidance services from experienced, licensed clinicians
• Healthy choices in our cafeterias and vending machines
• Farmers markets on many of our campuses
• And more!